Mike is an AV Preeminent rated lawyer by Martindale Hubbell who has investigated, defended, and prosecuted claims throughout the United States, as well as in Latin America, Europe and Asia. He regularly represents and advises clients, from individuals to multi-national companies, on a wide range of matters including product liability, construction defects, professional negligence, oil and gas, insurance bad faith and catastrophic injury/death.
By handling subrogation, third-party recovery and liability defense matters, Mike is better equipped to anticipate and plan for the actions of the other parties to the litigation and this gives him credibility not enjoyed by most.
In addition to his trial and litigation work, Mike has extensive experience in assembling and heading teams to conduct investigations into the cause and origin of systems and equipment failures, explosions, fires and personal injuries/deaths. His hands-on experience with these types of investigations and his military background as an interrogator give him a unique insight and understanding of the loss in question, as well as the actions required to protect the client’s interests.
Select Representative Matters:
- Successfully represented numerous multinational companies and insurance carriers to recover for losses arising out of equipment failure, defective products, construction defect and breach of contract.
- Regularly defends motor carriers in wrongful death and serious personal injury lawsuits.
- Recovered $1,900,000 from manufacturer of gas turbine parts for blade failure.
- Defended numerous insurers against claims of bad faith and deceptive trade practices.
- Defended national building products company in products liability action.
- Defended oil and gas services companies against claims of catastrophic personal injury.
- Defended major gas supplier against explosion and fire loss allegations.
- Defended numerous Dram Shop suits involving catastrophic injury and death suits.
U.S. District Court. E.D. of Texas
U.S. District Court, N.D. of Texas
U.S. District Court, S.D. of Texas
U.S. District Court W.D. Texas
AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
Top Lawyers of Texas 2016
The University of Oklahoma, B.A., 1999
South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2001