Kyle Geiger has a broad litigation practice specializing in the defense of personal injury, product liability, construction litigation, nursing home law, transportation litigation, professional liability, sexual abuse, employment litigation and premises liability. He has successfully defended corporations, long‑term care facilities, medical professionals, private schools, commercial property owners and management companies. Kyle has experience in all phases of trial litigation, including deposition practice and successfully trying jury trials to verdict.
Some recent highlights of Kyle’s practice include:
- Successfully defended a corporation at trial by jury on a professional liability claim;
- Successfully defended a corporation at trial by jury on a breach of fiduciary duty claim;
- Successfully defended a corporation at arbitration on a premises liability claim;
- Obtained Summary Judgment on behalf of a medical professional in a patient wrongful death claim;
- Obtained early dismissal of a condominium association in a lawsuit alleging discrimination under federal law;
- Obtained partial Summary Judgment on behalf of a corporation sued for interference with an employment relationship;
- Obtained a favorable settlement of a product liability action against an international mechanical lift manufacturer;
- Successfully defended and negotiated favorable settlements in multiple nursing homes cases involving wrongful death.
While attending law school, he was a Judicial Extern with the Honorable Michael R. Barrett of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. He earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for his work in Contracts and he was a member of the Moot Court Team.
Super Lawyers® Illinois Rising Stars 2013
U.S. District Court, C.D. Illinois
U.S. District Court, N.D. Illinois
Professional and Community Organizations
Chicago Bar Association
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance – Premium Member
University of Illinois, B.A., English, 2005
University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 2009