Christopher Shannon has significant experience representing clients in insurance disputes, as well as the defense of insureds in litigation. He has handled insurance disputes throughout the country and devised successful strategies in complex matters on behalf of his clients. This practice includes both first-party property claims and third-party general liability matters.
Christopher’s first-party practice involves losses throughout the United States with complex physical damage. He has experience advising clients on how to navigate a complex claims process and reach expeditious and reasonable resolutions of contested claims. Christopher has also represented domestic and international insures that have been sued by their insureds in numerous jurisdictions, routinely obtaining favorable results. He has also presented to his clients’ claims handlers on best practices when handling a first-party insurance claim.
In addition to his first-party practice, Christopher also has counseled clients in third-party liability matters. This practice includes advising clients in both the general liability and professional liability arenas. He has represented insurers in declaratory judgment actions on numerous liability claims and obtained favorable rulings with respect to his clients’ defense and indemnity obligations.
Finally, Christopher has represented professionals in a wide array of liability claims. He has represented lawyers, title agents, surveyors, med spas, genetics laboratories, title agents, and other professionals that have been sued for alleged negligence.
Representative cases include:
- Represented domestic insurer in complex first-party property matter on force-placed insurance policy at abandoned microchip processing facility with claim of millions of dollars in damage;
- Represented Lloyd’s syndicates in numerous first-party property claims involving high-end residential properties and claims of complex damage to building and personal property, as well as claims of loss of use damage;
- Represented domestic insurer in third-party liability claim arising out of sexual assault and obtained dismissal of suit against client that was upheld by the Nebraska Supreme Court;
- Counseled domestic insurer regarding third-party liability claims for alleged sexual assault occurring over 20 year period and time element issues involved in claim;
- Advised international insurers on handling and resolution of significant number of wind and hail claims; and
- Advised clients on numerous claims involving damage caused by hazardous materials and application of pollution exclusion to such claims.
Professional and Community Organizations
American Bar Association
– Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
Colorado Bar Association
Denver Bar Association
University of Dayton, B.A., 2004
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2007